State Legislative Information:
Governor Mary Fallin (R) is anti-choice and both the Oklahoma House and Senate are anti-choice. Ninety-six percent of Oklahoma counties lack an abortion provider.
A sampling of the anti-choice laws in Oklahoma courtesy of NARAL Pro-Choice America:
- Oklahoma has unconstitutional and unenforceable criminal bans on abortion.
- Oklahoma law subjects women seeking abortion services to biased-counseling requirements and mandatory delays.
- Oklahoma prohibits certain state employees and organizations receiving state funds from counseling or referring women for abortion services.
- Oklahoma restricts insurance coverage of abortion for all individuals.
- Oklahoma prohibits the use of all public facilities and public employees for abortion services.
- Oklahoma allows certain individuals or entities to refuse to provide women specific reproductive-health services, information, or referrals.
- Oklahoma restricts low-income women’s access to abortion.
- Oklahoma law restricts young women’s access to abortion services by mandating parental notice and consent.
- Oklahoma prohibits certain qualified health-care professionals from providing abortion care, and has an unconstitutional and unenforceable law that subjects abortion providers to burdensome restrictions not applied to other medical professionals.
Abortion Access Information:
Reproductive Services of Tulsa
Abortion Surgery Center
Outpatient Services for Women
Oklahoma City, OK
Roe Fund – Abortion Fund of Oklahoma