State Legislative Information:
Governor Jay Nixon (D) is mixed-choice, and both the Missouri House and the Missouri Senate are anti-choice. Ninety-six percent of counties in Missouri have no abortion provider.
Here are NARAL Pro-Choice America’s recorded anti-choice laws in the Show Me state:
- Missouri bans safe abortion procedures.
- Missouri law subjects women seeking abortion services to biased-counseling requirements and mandatory delays.
- Missouri prohibits certain state employees and organizations receiving state funds from counseling or referring women for abortion services.
- Missouri restricts insurance coverage of abortion for all individuals.
- Missouri has added anti-choice language to its state code to express its opposition to abortion and its intent to restrict the right to choose to the greatest extent possible.
- Missouri prohibits the use of all public facilities and public employees for abortion services.
- Missouri allows certain individuals or entities to refuse to provide women specific reproductive-health services, information, or referrals.
- Missouri law restricts young women’s access to abortion services by mandating parental consent.
- Missouri subjects abortion providers to burdensome restrictions not applied to other medical professionals.
- Missouri restricts post-viability abortion.
Abortion Access Information:
Planned Parenthood Columbia Health Center
Reproductive Health Services of PPSLR
St. Louis, MO
Women’s Care Gynecology, Inc.
Women in Need Fund
Abortion Fund for Kansas or Columbia, MO